Saturday, June 05, 2010

Hail Dustin Hoffman

Just as a "prayashchitham" (can't remember the exact word in English) for y'day's 3 hours crap in the name of movie, I went on to watch that one movie I've been wanting to watch since the day I discovered Dustin Hoffman .. "Kramer vs Kramer". No words are enough for this film or the man. He is a truly a wizard ., and he keeps you spell bound when he is on screen. I've often caught myself gaping at the screen forgetting to blink.

It was "Tootsie" that introduced me to his artistry. (Yep the hollywood avvai shanmughi along with Mrs.Doubtfire ). You have to watch him for just the ease in which he flip flops between the male and female characters and the dead pan humour. Classic !!
And then of course , "The Rainman". How interesting could you make a character that can feel no emotions?? No laughter,no tears, no anger..nothing.Just a smile once in a while, ohhh..and still you could watch him for 120 mins without even realizing it.

And now, Kramer vs Kramer. Don't have the words. Just watch the 2 silent scenes where the kid and Dustin make breakfast and eat it without a word. Pure poetry :-)

I must remember these when I watch crap and wonder why they call movie making an art and actors as artists !!

1 comment:

Sriram said...

Wanna see this one. Ah bittorrent, where art thou :D