Sunday, March 11, 2007

smile.. the language of love

i was walking to the bus stop to catch the bus to my office.. as i do daily. on my way, i saw two little girls plucking flowers from a plant which had grown out from a house. i was trying yo find out what flowers those were, when one little girl turned back and instantly smiled at me.
i found myself smiling back at her immediately, and waved at her. she became even more happy and waved back.

somehow that girl and her smile had managed to brighten my day. sometimes, all it takes to clear your cluttered mind is a smile. it is most easiest thing to do, and it makes even the most villianic of faces look pleasing. i think to myself, if someone else had smiled at me in the same way, would i have smiled back?? no. i start thinking of the reason behind the smile, of whether i had seen that person before, or wonder if he is mentally stable !!

that girl never thought of all this. but just smiled.

i look back and stare at the little girl, this time envying her!!

2 comments:

Sriram said...

its wonderful how these little incidents produce an impact on our lives...

Sending a smile across the wire to u :)

hollowmaniac said...

well...looking at a pleasing smile itself brightens our days...but smiling back is one thing.

i personally think everyone and anyone can read others smile, and its good to smile back, and a smile on a face always makes life beautiful...

here's one from me...

:)