Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day 3 ..and a half

the last day of the wedding began on a more sobre note compared to all the hype the previous 2 days.only a few relatives were left in the mandapam.i had to draw the 'kolam' in front of the groom's room(my new home ;-) ) .after changing over into another (and the last!! ) saree,the final ritual began.all the ladies (including me,no longer a girl!!)dissolved the 'paalikai' (a mixture of various grains) in water ( not sure what it meant though).

it was time for us to leave for our new home(the actual one).i didnt know what i had to tell my parents and i felt that the formal good byes were just unnecessary.my dad being the emotional man he was,stayed away from me the whole morning,for fear of breaking into tears.

my sister managed to lighten the situtation by cracking a few jokes.i never thought i would cry,though i am a very sensitive person who could cry at the drop of the hat.but somehow,the emotion of the moment was too much to bear and i broke down at the steps of the mandapam hugging my dad.thank god for someone managed to pull me away and gathered myself up.

off we went to our new home and a new life!!

1 comment:

Sriram said...

well this is one day i missed.. was probably in the train then :|