Thursday, March 22, 2012

One

My dear little sunshine,

I see you and lose my sense of self.
I see you go through life like there is no tomorrow and I hope tomorrow will be a better place to be.
I hear you laugh and feel what real mirth is.
I feel your hug and know what it is to love someone truly unconditionally.
I see you delight at little things and realize that it doesn't take much to be happy.
I see you explore and realize what keeps us truly alive.
I see you stumble,fall,cry but never let your little self tire and wonder at the force of life.

As you go out into the big bad world, I fear for you.
Not because you will fail, but because you'll be made to fear failure.
Not because you will laugh out loud, but because it will sneer at your laughter.
Not because you will cry, but because you'll be called weak and made to hold your tears.

Whenever that happens just tell them this.

Life is not easy,it was never meant to be. The tears make you laugh louder , the fall makes you jump higher.

As you turn one,here is wishing that every time you fall , you rise higher and stronger than before.

Love
mamm mamm mamma (that's how you call me now)

PS: If ever you find this, please remind me to read it, atleast once, everyday !!
PPS: He turns 1 next month.(I might as well write one for his 18th birthday!! )

3 comments:

Sriram said...

The sweetest thing I'd read of late.. brought a wide smile to my face :) Here's to the happy mom and the kid :D

Niranjani said...

@Sriram : I just started feeling it was incredibly cheesy after reading it a couple of times. This makes me feel better :-)

Unknown said...

Thats a lovely poem for your little one, Niranjani.

Reminded me of a song from karadi tales, which I used to sing for Shakti & Rishi

"You are my sunshine,
The apple of my eye
You are my moon light
My simple delight"

Truly ..they are simple delights !!

Happy parenting..

- Annapoorani