Sunday, September 17, 2006

Top 5 boring tunes !

Every other radio station or TV channel releases the list of chartbusters. I just thought why not release my list of the most boring tunes I've heard. The most irrirtating things about these are that they sit on your brain, and refuse to leave. They just keep buzzing on. I've even heard these in my dreams. Ok, so onto the list.

1) The elevator music- One good thing this did was to chase me out of the lifts and make me take the stairs instead. So if you want to make your employees trim, play the most dull and boring elevator music.

2) The call waiting tune- Oh, I don't know how most of them manage to get the same music.I just feel sick of these tunes. If you don't want too many people disturbing you, go on, play these.

3) Stay away - this car is backing up- The music people play when they shift to the reverse gear- Sare Jahan se accha and Vandemataram are the most loved tunes. You are made to lose even one ounce of patriotic feeling you get when you listen to those songs the next time.

4) The calling bell- My favorite ;) Why can't people stick to the plain, old and faithful " ding dong"? Why does the calling bell have to sing? It starts when the person rings the bell, and sometimes goes on and on and on..much like the amaron batteries, even after the person has left.
I've had to shout on top of my voice, to be heard sometimes, coz Mr.Calling bell just can't stop singing.When it starts aging, it squeaks, huffs and puffs to the end of the music. Still people hold on to it. But its a good way to keep people off your homes.

5) This one is not that bad- still it has to be on the list.
The tune on the clock that is played hour after hour, every hour(like NDTV news). you almost feel that by the time the music is done with, half an hour has passed, and its just 30 mins more for the next one.Scary isn't it !!


Well, my hatred is not so much towards playing music in all those places given above, but towards the choice of them.Why can't we be a little more imaginative, in choosing our music, little more zany in our thoughts.

Life is not so boring after all..

PS. Any one is welcome to add to this list. They'll be given a CD/cassette of ..what else, the most boring tunes. hehehe...

4 comments:

Sriram said...

Theres this dude near my house with his car, who seems to reverse it five times every day with the same damn vandemataram playing. Drives me nuts!

Calling bell: example - Gayatri mantra

Sriram said...

PS: I DONT WANT UR CD/CASSETE.

Sriram said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Niranjani said...

No , the CD is on the way :)))