Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wedding - Day one

our weddings are always spread over 3 days !! i know this would sound shocking for a lot of people.all i could hope and pray was for me to come out of this in one piece and keep myself sane througout the length of all the rituals.

so onto day 1 ..Aug 30th,2007

the alarm went off and i woke up with a start..where was i, why did i wake up so early ..oh i was so confused. i could hear voices in the kitchen and then everything came back to me.we had to reach the mandapam before 5.30 am. i shot out of the bed, only to find that the power had gone off and there was very less water coming out of the taps as the overhead tank was almost empty and no power to fill it up.things couldn't get worse than this!!!

everyone was running around, thankfully the kitchen tap yielded little more water than the other ones.so we filled up the buckets from there and headed to the bathrooms.

the power had still not come back and the worst nightmare for a girl, dressing up with an emergency lamp for your wedding ( well not quite the wedding yet ). Anyway, managed to dress up in the dark and then me, my parents and my granny started off for the mandapam while the others followed a little later with the suitcases and boxes.

the agenda for the day went on like this.

vratham - from morning till noon
engagement - from noon till evening
reception- evening till night

and hopefully some sleep afterwards..

2 comments:

Sriram said...

Oh god.. i refreshed the page and I saw the new post.. so I'm doing live reading eh?

he power had still not come back and the worst nightmare for a girl, dressing up with an emergency lamp for your wedding ROTFLMAO!!!

Niranjani said...

well it does sound funny now..:-) but believe me i was almost shaking then.